Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday Morning update

Just wanted to let you all know that there has been a slight change of plans. After some additional information and a family discussion last night, we opted for another way to manage the fluid in the lungs, called PleurX. It is a catheter that will allow Mom to drain the fluid from the pleural cavity on her on, as needed. It is a simpler process, and will not require an overnight stay, as it is an outpatient procedure. We are having it done this morning, and should be home by early afternoon.

Thanks for the continued prayers and support. They mean the world to all of us.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update and prayers continuing for all.
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Keeping your family and especially your mom in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you. Let me know if there is anything I can do. Love you guys, Sheri

Barb said...

I'm praying for your mom, Jill!

Anonymous said...

Jill, I had no idea. Wow, that's alot for all of you. I will keep your mother, your dad, and you and your family in my daily prayers.

Anonymous said...

Your mom and all of your family are in our thoughts and prayers here, Jill.

Anonymous said...

Jill, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's diagnosis. I know it's hard to keep that positive attitude but I agree with you 100% about its importance. I am praying for your mom and for strength for you and Joel.

Love you both,
Todd

Anonymous said...

Jill: thank you for this blog to keep us updated on Attee. Prayers abound from our house, along with cookies anytime Attee's sweet tooth acts up again.
Best love,
Janet