Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Heavy-hearted

My heart is very heavy this morning, and my emotions are huge. Mom is no longer communicative, and only slightly responsive. We have all said our goodbyes and shed more tears than I've seen in a lifetime, it seems. I am running out of patience and feeling very short on most of the other "good" internal resources like faith, hope, assurance, trust, etc. This is the hardest thing I have ever done, and today, words just do not do my feelings justice, so I will not try.

In honor of Mom, then, I will move to a more practical note, because that's what she often did when she didn't know what else to do. I want to share with you all the plans that we have made for services, visitation, etc. The funeral will be in Dublin at Henry Memorial Presbyterian Church, with family vistation at the church prior to the service, and a smaller graveside service at Northview Cemetary. Following the graveside service, I expect there will be a lunch at the church for family and out-of-town guests.

There will also be a memorial service in Decatur, a few days after the funeral,at Rehoboth Presbyterian Church, followed by a lunch in the church fellowship hall.

In lieu of flowers, Mom has requested contributions be made to either of the two above churches, or to a charity of your own choosing.

Please continue to keep all of us in your prayers.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are no words, but prayers and hugs to you all.

Kerri said...

prayers for you - strength, mercy to yourself, and a deep, deep sense of God holding you close.

Anonymous said...

prayers and more prayers. wish i could take it away...

Marci Glass said...

Love you. I am so thankful I had a chance to know your mother and am celebrating her life as you say goodbye.

Janet said...

Jill... your blog has meant to much to Bill and to me. The love you have for your mama is so special; they love your family has for each other and others is, too. We have been praying for months now for all of you. Now... the peace of the earth be with you; the peace of the heavens, too; the peace of the rivers be with you; the peace of the oceans, too. Deep peace, falling over you; God's peace, growing in you. Always....
Janet Thompson

Dianne Silver said...

Jill, you are an amazing daughter, mother and person. My thoughts are with you, Joel, the boys, your siblings and your dad. And most especially your mom.

Dianne

Leigh Ann Laney said...

i am so sorry jill. i just went through the same thing with my grandmother in april. i also lost my mom when i was 10, and although you never "get over it" there will come a time when there is a peace in knowing (and feeling) that they are always with you, watching and protecting you and your children. although i never met your mother, i do know you and the wonderful person and amazing mother you are, so i know that the world is losing a very special person. our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

Sarah said...

In life and in death, we all belong to God - pray that you know God's presence as you walk thru this valley with your family.

Annie Hunter said...

Your mother is such a sweet, wonderful, special person. She is in my thoughts and prayers every day. I am so sorry for all of you who are having to endure this.